Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wrapping up

Finally made it to Week 10 and the wrap-up!

For the first few weeks into the Web 2.0 training, I had no contact with my colleagues or my local library representative. When I went back to work, I realised that due to restrictions on our work PCs, very little of this course could be accessed at work which meant all of it had to be done at home. Must admit, I had already been using a lot of it not realising it fell under Web 2.0. I also learned a lot of new stuff that I had not used before like Delicious, LibraryThing, RSS aggregators and Geocaching. I am grateful this introduction to Web 2.0 was offered to us and am so glad I took the opportunity to do it...and complete it.

As a uni student, I generally use these weeks to unwind from the hum-drum of study and assignments during semester. Instead, I found myself spending time on my home PC completing this training which was rather time consuming. It feels good to have reached the end (personally, I feel like the learning has only just begun)and completed the 10 weeks topics within the time frame without any assistance.

Thankyou to all that followed my blog and posted your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Deary me, I started off ahead of everyone and now I am last to finish, it would seem! I am yet to go through the Geocaching part of the training.

    I am glad you did the training too, elf! And am glad to see you got a bit out of it. I am in a similar situation in that there are quite a few things I already knew, but have also learned a few new things - delicious and RSS in particular.

    I have really enjoyed it and see myself continuing on with my blog and Twitter as a bit of a hobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the course. I have enjoyed reading your blog and am glad that you will continue writing it.

    ReplyDelete