Sunday, January 2, 2011

Facebook

For libraries, Facebook it is a nice way of showing other libraries what's happenning in their world. A great way to connect to friends or to people within your organisation (that's if you work for an organisation that does not restrict social networking!) I personally do not believe it is good for 'customer service' in libraries. Not all patrons use computers - and not all patrons that have computers use Facebook.

For this course, I opened up a Facebook account although I have my personal Facebook account that I rarely use. We cannot access Facebook at work and I do my best to spend minimum time on my PC at home. The great outdoors (even if it just my back garden with all my pets) is more appealing than time spent on my home PC. To connect with friends, I'd rather pick up the phone or meet up with them.

3 comments:

  1. Agree with you re: picking up phone rather than facebooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the good thing about Facebook, being able to keep in touch with family and friends you may not see all that much. Picking up the phone is probably a really good idea as well.

    ReplyDelete