Sunday, January 23, 2011

Geocaching

Approximately 3.5kms up the track in the beautiful Ellis Brooke Valley Reserve in Martin, is a seat at the coordinates S32 03.892 E116 02.452. Following the trail uphill into the bush is where the cache is 'supposed' to be. Don't attempt this track unless you are very fit and can take Perth's current rising temperatures (and have plenty of water with you) Did not find the cache - only because I got distracted with the spectacular views from the top and had run out of water to proceed. All in all, it was a fun way to spend a Sunday morning. I will certainly attempt to walk this track again in winter to view the picturesque falls there. Maybe I'll have better luck with the cache then.

I think Geocaching is a nice way of arousing the interest in community to find things rather than just handing it over to them. I did wonder about trusting others to replace the cache in the same spot so others could locate it. I'm sure there are plenty of mischievous ones out there - but then maybe they are not the type that would enjoy geocaching.

1 comment: