Wednesday, December 29, 2010

LibraryThing

Adding widgets to display titles your catalogue was not at all what I expected it to be. (You can get more information on the 'how to..' from Google). There are different types of widgets like chat, news, RSS reader and many more. The reports on Delicious are that it will be shut down or sold off at some point in the near future and will not be affiliated with Yahoo.

Somewhere along finding sites that other people listed and wandering onto interesting topics I got lost. Really lost. I could not get back to my original starting point. Of course, I picked up a lot along the way and found  links I would normally not have looked at. It is a great way of peope sharing similar interests to share each other's bookmarks using tags, refining search results, using multiple tags and being able to delete or re-list tags.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of delicious (that you can access the bookmarks from any computer), but apart from that, I can't see any real reason to regularly need to check it or anything. (Which probably isn't a bad thing, given we can't even check it at work anyway!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had more time to check out the different types of widgets available. I really liked Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tempted to use lots of Widgets simply because I like the word widget.

    ReplyDelete